Here we are at the end of 2017 already! We will soon be celebrating Christmas and then we have a week to reflect on our year before we start a new one. There have been quite a few changes around here this year, so let me highlight them for you.
- We had a small high school graduation event for Emmanuel at the beginning of the year at Our Redeemer. That's the beauty of homeschooling! We get to choose when to graduate them.
- Ziedite had an 8th-grade
graduation ceremony from CHEP - the Community Homeschool Education Program - in June. It ended up being a "graduation from homeschool" itself as well. In September she started attending a public high school near our home - Rancho Alamitos. She is constantly
busy with cheerleading activities, school work, and friends. She sometimes still goes out to lunch with us on the weekends or goes camping with her dad, but it's not as often anymore.
-Emmanuel auditioned for and was accepted as
a scare actor in Knotts Scary Farm, so he worked there for six weeks, from the middle of September until Halloween night. He loved it! He is now working a seasonal job as a cashier in a Kohls department store and will be accepting a full-time position there
starting in January. His desire to entertain people as a comedian continues to increase, so he also actively studies at home on how to be a stand-up comedian and has taken the first level Improv class with the "Improv for Life" group; he will be taking
the Level 2 course starting in January. He continues to play the guitar and sing, and he helps out with the Audio Visual projector in church on most Sundays, though sometimes he gets to sing with the Praise Band, in which case, Mirdza now takes over with the
- In May we took a family vacation to Hawaii to celebrate Dana and Mirdza's 15th wedding anniversary, as well as Mother's Day. It was loads of fun and very relaxing! Next year we have reserved two rooms in a De Cameron
hotel in Cartagena, Colombia in June, when Ziedite finishes 9th grade. The De Cameron hotel, which is an all-inclusive resort, so super-excited about spending a week there!
- Dana continues to work in his own business - HELP Plumbing,
Heating and Air. He is in good health, except for a hernia, and he will get that operated on at the end of this year. It should be a simple out-patient procedure.
- Mirdza continues on her path to Royal Crown Diamond in Young
Living, helping the people that God puts in her path. It brings her so much joy to serve people in this way! Her faith and trust in God steadily increase day by day as she perseveres in spite of rejection and other challenges. She knows full heartedly that
God always keeps His promises and that He is with her every step of the way, as it was He who called her and asked her to go on this journey. As with Joshua, He constantly reminds her "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear, for I am with you."
- No major changes in Dana Jr and Dylan's lives. They continue to live on their own and they each have their same girlfriend, but no plans yet to get married for either of them. DJ continues to work with his dad, and Dylan's job changes pretty regularly.
It's all good.
"And now to Him who can do ABUNDANTLY MORE then we could ever ask or imagine, to Him be the glory now and forever." (Eph 3:20-21)