This year was full of testing. My faith grew stronger through all the difficult times. I am reminded that difficulties and hardships are not a a time to "grin and bear it", but rather a time to come closer to God so that HIS POWER AND STRENGTH
may be shown even more powerfully, and so that the peace that God gives us through it all will point to God as the source of hope in the midst of despair.
- I broke my wrist on January 2nd rollerskating at the beach
with Dana, and had to have surgery to get the bone realigned, and then through physical therapy to get it strong once again. God gave me the wisdom to know what to do so it woud heal quite quickly... within 6 weeks. The doctor was amazed! I continue to be
able to exercise daily. Only wasn't able to exercise for a couple of months!
- My mom' health started downspiraling quickly around February. She ended up in a rehab center without being able to stand any longer.
She could not control anything anymore. She went from being completely independent to being completely dependent on others. She was in pain most of the time. The Lord took her to her eternal home on my anniversary day... May 17th. Her body was cremated and
her ashes with spread in a beautiful area that looked kind of like the mountains in Colombia. I look forward to the day I see her again in heaven.
- Dana's mom's health kept downspiraling, but she stayed home during most
of the year. The last part of the year she spend in a nursing home though. She ended up passing away peacefully on Dec 4th. Dana had been with her for a couple of days. Her body was cremated and they had just a small ceremony with immediate family (her husband
Ray, Dana, and his three sisters)
- Ziedite continued her homeschool studies through CHEP so that she can graduate from elementary school next June. She plans on going to Rancho Alamitos for highschool next fall. She will
walk daily to school with two of her neighborhood friends. She continues to do gymnastics, actually Tumbling 2 class, at Kidnastics. She recently expressed her desire to become a gymnasticcs teacher once she finsihes high school. She also added ballet; she
is quite the gracefull little ballerina.
- Emmanuel got the opportunity to travel to Colombia for a month in the middle of November. He still got to participate in the youth musical at church, along with Ziedite;
he sure did not want to miss out on that. He will graduate from high school on January 7th next year; we will be having a party at church in his honor with a few of his friends and the church youth group. He continues to love music, and he loves film making;
he actually went to film camp for a week this summer!
- Dana and Dylan are still living on their own. Both have steady girlfriends, but no talk of marriage as of yet.
- Dana continues
working in his own plumbing, heating and air conditioning business and is doing quite well, thanks be to God. God always provides enough money to pay for all that we need, sometimes through his business, and sometimes in other ways that help us remember
that HE is the provider of all that we have.
- I continue to build a business with Young Living, which I actually see as a ministry disguised as a homebased business. I love the personal development journey I've been on
since I started the business back in 2007. I have grown so much! I love learning about essential oils and about the network marketing profession. I love helping others in any way I can so that they can be fit in every area of their life. It's truly a very
meaningul profession, which I can do alongside being a stay at home mom.
- We took our first cruise ship in May! We celebrated our 14th anniversary by going on a famiy cruise down to Mexico from Sunday to Thursday. I
also took the kids to Colorado Springs in August to see my brother James and his family. Dana did not go since a week before that he traveled to Maine for a week with Ziedite to visit his family. We had gone together last year, so we try not to travel
to Maine all together every year.
So there you go! Those are the main highlights of the year. Through all the good and bad times, I learned to trust God more daily. My relationship with Him gets stronger each day, which
gives me so much peace and joy, even through the hardest of situations. God is good all the time. I look forward to many more learning opportunities in 2017.