As swimsuit season rapidly approaches, we look to defining our abs. There is something critical we must remember: we must make our ab workouts short, yet effective, and we must make
sure we watch what we eat.
So, how to get a great looking midsection in the next few months? Here are some tips:
- Engage in a good fitness program. If you like exercising
at home like I do I recommend programs you can do at home like TurboFire, ChaLEAN Extreme, Focus T25 or PiYo, following the program AS WRITTEN by the professional fitness trainer (Chalene Johnson). The schedule comes in the box with the DVDs,
so make sure you read the books and follow the schedule a written, doing only the routines she asks you to do, and taking the rest days she asks you to take.
- Trash the donuts
and other pastries, and any other processed foods (t.i "food-like" items that are made with sugar and white flour, or ones that have artificial sweeteners)
only organic fruits and veggies
- Make sure you get enough protein from good sources. If you eat meat, make sure that it comes from grass-fed cows that have
not been treated with antibiotics, for example. Make sure the chickens and turkeys have been properly raised as well. If you want to make a good PROTEIN SHAKE, I recommend Pure Protein Complete from Young
Living Essential Oils; when you make it, you can also add an egg to it for extra protein and a banana for extra nutrition and taste.
- If you drink milk, make sure it’s ORGANIC
and at least non-homogenized; raw milk is best. Also, don’t go for the low-fat variety for this doesn’t do our body any good at all.
- Use real butter and coconut oil or coconut butter, and forgo the margarine and vegetable oils.
- Drink lots of water.
- Last but not least, make sure you keep stress to a minimum for stress causes cortisol to raise, which causes our body to retain fat. Have you tried using
essential oils when you are stressed? Some great blends that I love using are offered by Young Living, the purest brand on the market in my opinion: Valor and Stress Away; their Lavender is also very calming.
Follow the tips, which have helped me in a major way over the past several years, and you too can be ready for swimsuit season.